Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Top iPhone Apps

Have been searching around for iphone apps, mainly looking for games to play while I am on the go. And here are my top apps so far:

Urbanspoon:
This app is just plainly perfect for those that cannot decide what and where to eat. SHAKE your iphone and it will choose a restaurant for you based on 3 factors: location, cuisine and value. I have been playing around with it all day and I find that I didn't know there are that many restaurants in my area. Plus, there are user reviews on the restaurants (at least for popular ones).

Let's give it a try... Hmm..it's giving Ichiban, a Japanese restaurant. Sweet!! I guess I will be having dinner at there tonight. And just a click on the Map button brings me to Google Map.
On top of that, it is a FREE app!!!!


Antrim Escape:
This is one of the best game I have found so far. It is a room escape game where you are trapped in a room trying to find clues and solve puzzle to escape. I am totally a room escape veteran. Room escape games become popular online and is played in a web browser. However, as the iphone does not support Flash, you cannot load those games in Safari.

There is one other room escape game (Room Escape by 1026 Development) I have found in the Appstore, but the control are so poor and graphics are just too plain. Plus, the puzzles are way too easy.

Antrim Escape is free to try as a demo, but it you will need to purchase it for the full version.
The graphic quality is just AMAZING!! I mean I have been playing many, many room escape games in the pc, and yes, there are a few that has good graphics and hard puzzle such a Light and Vision, but the art style is very unique - photorealistic yet cartoon-like, at least for a room escape game. I am impressed. And the puzzles seems challenging as well.

I am all for free apps currently, but I am very tempted to purchase this game.


Flickr:
If you are into photography and love photo sharing, you would want this app. It is flickr for your iphone. Although you can accessing flickr with Safari, but this app makes viewing photos of your contacts much easier.


WeatherEye:
Another free app that tells you the weather. Weather data comes form TheWeatherNetwork, which I find it much more accurate than Yahoo (which is the stock weather app from iphone). And gives you the current weather, short term and long term weather. Also, there are sunrise and sunset info as well, which is useful if you are into taking some sunrise or sunset pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment